Wednesday, June 29, 2011

jc's first trip to the city by the bayyyyyeaayyy

Ok, I'm pretty sure that song is actually about Boston but for the sake of this post, it will be about San Francisco. We went on a quick trip to San Francisco for the weekend with our best buds who also have a little bundle of joy. He's only six months younger than JC so we hope that they will be best friends... well they really don't have a choice in the matter so they better learn to like it. Just kidding.

Actually, maybe I'm not.

The guys had a convention to attend and that was the main reason for the trip. I really feel super lucky to live so close that we can visit a city that people plan a vacation to and be there within an hour and a half. If traffic isn't horrible. I always forget that San Francisco is kind of a big deal until I get there and there are 902375987123 tourists there. I've visited the city a handful of times and I definitely have not seen half of it. There's so much to do there and I look forward to going back again when the babies get older. There isn't a whole lot for two mommies to do while pushing strollers to keep themselves entertained but we managed.

On the first day, we dropped off the guys at the convention and made our way to the hotel. TRAFFIC WAS CRAZY! I felt bad because I made Jessica drive but she managed ok. I would have been in tears about ten minutes in. Little did we know that there was a Giants game and it was Gay Pride weekend. As you can probably imagine, Gay Pride weekend in SF is a pretty big deal, to say the least. Luckily we were on the other side of town as most of the festivities but it was still pretty crackin' at Fisherman's Wharf, which is where we spent most of our time.

We managed to get to our hotel pretty much unscathed (unless you count the taxi driver who pulled up next to us and yelled at Jessica for about five minutes before we even noticed). We packed up the babies and headed down to Pier 39. So. Many. People. If you've never pushed a stroller around in a busy crowd while trying to keep track of your friend who is also pushing a stroller, then you have not experienced hell my friends. Everyone hates you. You can't stop and look at stuff because then you're blocking the whole sidewalk. Some guy almost curb stomped JC when he wasn't paying attention and almost stepped IN the stroller. I may or may not have yelled at him.

Our hotel was really close to the piers so we made it to our final destination pretty quickly. I was a little disappointed because all the sea lions were gone from Pier 39! Ok not ALL of them but like 90% of them. I guess it's their breeding season so they leave to get their business done and then come back after July. It was all good though. We walked around, did a little window shopping. Managed to take one photo of JC and myself.

me and jc at pier 39 san francisco
it was so windy, as you can see by my hair

We met up the guys for dinner at Rainforest Cafe. I wish I had more pictures of that but JC seemed genuinely entertained by his surroundings. I really like that place.

The next morning, Jessica and I braved Pier 39 again to visit the Aquarium of the Bay. We left earlier than the day before so the crowds were a lot better. By the time we got to the aquarium, JC fell asleep. I was happy because I knew he needed a nap but disappointed because I wanted him to see the aquarium.

jc having hella fun at the aquarium
JC having the time of his life {taken with my iphone}

Jessica's baby Damian was having so much fun though! He loved the aquarium, especially the tunnels where the fish are swimming all around you.

jessica and damian at the aquarium of the bay
Damien put himself into this position, I think he's got a pretty good idea {taken with my iphone}

Right as we entered the last part of the aquarium, JC woke up. So we were able to go back down to the tunnels and let JC experience them.

me and jc at the sf aquarium

This might be my current favorite picture of JC and myself. Not only because it looks like we are traveling through time and space but also because I look so stoked to be there and JC could really not care less. He really did like it though, I promise.

All in all, it was a fun but exhausting trip. We did a lot of walking, which included some ridiculously steep sidewalks while trying to get to Ghiradelli Square. And we had to pick the guys up from their convention which involved more driving which involved almost running right into all of the Gay Pride festivities and having to turn all the way back around because it was blocking half the city. It was definitely an experience but it will be fun to go back when JC gets a little older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! If you have a blog, please leave a link or your url to your blog so I can be sure to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...