Friday, April 22, 2011

Birthday planning and doctor's appointment

Urrrr I really wanted to post about our Bodega Bay trip but Charles has the external hard drive that has all of our vacation pictures so I'll have to do that tomorrow if I have time. But we did a couple other things so far this week that are worth posting about so I'll catch everyone up on that stuff.

On the way home from Bodega Bay on Tuesday, we decided to stop by Land Park and take some pictures for JC's birthday invitations. Side note, I really can't believe that I am already planning this kid's first birthday party, it's insane. Anyway, I'm going to do a woodland theme for his party so I wanted a picture of him amongst some cool trees. I think we got our shot, but here are some pictures that didn't make the cut but are cute none the less.



 

This kid loves the camera so much it's ridiculous. He was having a mini fit in the car right before we got to the park and as soon as the camera came out, it was all smiles. Land Park is one of my favorite places in town and it was fun to hang out even if it was only for a little bit. It was a nice ending to our Bodega trip before Charles had to go back to work. 

On Wednesday, we took JC to a doctor's appointment to check his weight. When we went in for his nine month check up, the doctor expressed a mild concern in his weight. He's always been small, which is normal because he is a preemie but he followed the normal growth curve and is of average weight and height for his adjusted age. At his nine month appointment, he had dropped off this curve slightly so just to be sure his doctor wanted us to come back in six weeks to weigh him again. So in we went and luckily he is back on his normal curve. At nine months, he weighed in at 15 pounds 10 ounces and six weeks after that he weighs 17 pounds 3 ounces. So he gained more than a pound and a half in six weeks. I'm not surprised, knowing the amount of food that JC chows down. He's such a good eater and he will try anything. I made him an omelette for breakfast today (which is a HUGE feat for me considering the first time I scrambled eggs was last week) with two eggs, bell pepper, tomato, green onions and cheese. He ate about 3/4 of it and a piece of toast. I was so proud of myself for making him a good breakfast and I was so happy that he liked it. 

I'll try to post about Bodega Bay tomorrow I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! If you have a blog, please leave a link or your url to your blog so I can be sure to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...