Here are the rules.
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
5. No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 things you may not know about me...
1. i was born in dallas, tx but only lived there for a couple years. my family then moved to las cruces, nm for eight years, then to tucson, az for five years and ended up here in sacramento, ca since 2000. we never lived in the same house for longer than 3 years.
2. charles and i met our freshman year of high school on the first day of school in our first period class, computer technology.
3. charles had a girlfriend when we met... but not for very long. i was a 14 year old homewrecker.
4. i have one large tattoo on the side of my left calf. it is of a couple daffodils, a couple gladiolus flowers and a blue sparrow. it represents my brother and sister. and the fact that i'm OBSESSED with bird tattoos. i'd love get more tattoos, i'm just not set on what i want.
5. i played the viola in my elementary and middle school orchestras. i have no idea how to play it now but i'd love to learn again.
6. the house we are renting now belongs to my soon-to-be mother-in-law. it is the same house that charles lived in since he was three years old. his old room is now jc's room.
7. i'd love to be fluent in another language besides english. i took french for all four years of high school but it didn't really stick. i would love to put jc in a school that does language immersion.
8. if i could live anywhere else (realistically) i would probably live in the pacific northwest. either seattle or portland. we visited the area on our babymoon before jc was born and i fell in love. too bad my hair would always be a frizzy mess.
9. i love musicals. especially seeing them live. my favorite musical is chicago.
10. my secret fantasy dream professions are to be a stand-up comedian or a police officer. but i'm pretty sure i'm not that funny and i'm not prepared to risk my life for my profession.
11. if money were no object, i'd probably have six kids. but i'll probably end up with two or three.
and here are the questions given to me by jessica...
1. What names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?
one name i really liked for a girl was olivia. then it became super popular so i lost interest. i never had a boy name picked out, probably why i didn't protest too much when we named jc after his dad.
2. What's your favorite YouTube video?
oh man, this is a good question. i have probably watched this video a million times and shared it with that many people.
it makes me literally laugh out loud everytime.
3. What is something/someone you are currently missing?
i miss my sister. she lives in southern california and i wish she could live here.
4. of your Pinterest boards has the most pins? (and if you're not of Pinterest, let me know & I'll get you an invite)
i have two wedding boards (that i really should just combine) and they total 69 pins. on it's own, my food board has 44 pins.
5. What is something you are proud of yourself for?
i'm proud of myself for taking the risk of quitting my job to raise my son. it definitely wasn't a hard job to leave but we were worried about having financial security. so far so good!
6. Do you have any vices/bad habits?
oh god, where do i begin? biting my nails and staying up too late are probably my worst bad habits. i've bitten my nails for as long as i can remember.
7. Name a Fictional character you want to be more like.
i wish i could be tina fey in real life, but i'd settle for liz lemon.
8. Share a quote that you feel defines your personality/philosophy.
"the journey is the destination" is a quote that i'm trying to follow. so much of the time i worry about the end result that i don't enjoy the process.
9. What is/was your favorite children's book?
i loved to read the babysitters club series.
10. What is the most played song in your playlist/iTunes?
probably anything by justin timberlake. he's my go-to for dance jams and working out.
11. What is your favorite era/cast of Saturday Night Live?
anytime will ferrell or tina fey were in the cast.
and here are my 11 questions...
1. what are your television show guilty pleasures?
2. is there anywhere in the world that you are NOT interested in visiting?
3. what is one thing about your personality that you would like to change?
4. are you a dog person or a cat person?
5. what would you do differently if you could go back to high school?
6. what is your favorite alcoholic beverage? if you don't drink alcohol, what is your favorite coffee drink? if you don't drink either of those things, what do you drink??
7. if you could create a new ice cream flavor, would would it be?
8. what is your dream profession?
9. if you could live (realistically) anywhere else, where would you live?
10. do you play any musical instruments? if so, which ones?
11. what kind of car do you drive?
and here are the ladies that i am tagging...
meg from pauly, meg and zoey!
olivia from her random rants & rambles
mary from it's a sun kissed life
dana from the abundant life
christa from young & restless
wendy from this amazing day
elizabeth from shenanigans
mindi from simply stavish
ashlee from capernaum home
amy from baby baby lemon
shawntae from a little king and i
so excited to read your posts!