Monday, September 26, 2011

buff mama monday w.8, half way to my first goal!

weight loss progress week 8
{check out my weight loss goals/rewards here}


I'm halfway to my first goal! I am so excited to be here today because I was really really worried about today's weigh in. I only made it to the gym twice this past week (who thought it was a good idea to close the gym at 8 on the weekends?) so I was nervous. But I made a more conscious effort to monitor what I was eating and I think that's what made the difference.

Again, I am not undertaking any kind of "regimented" diet, just monitoring my calories. We went out for dinner the other night and instead of getting the chicken club, which is what I usually get, I got a tri-tip sandwich. Now, I don't know about you but a chicken club sounds like it would have less calories than tri-tip but when you put bacon and avocado on top on a chicken breast, it tends to up the calorie content. I ended up saving about 300 calories just by getting the tri-tip, which was equally as delicious. JC helped out by knocking over our sweet potato fries that we were sharing so I only ended up eating about 1/4 of them.

Now that we are for sure going to Vegas (YAY!) next month, I have a huge incentive to reach my first goal. I'm trying to be realistic though so I don't get my hopes up too much but it would be awesome to lose five more pounds in the next 17 days. I've really got to make sure I get to the gym at least three times in the next couple weeks (more if I can!) and pay attention to the calories. Eat only until I'm full. Especially when it's something that I know isn't good for me (hello ice cream and brownie for dessert last night.

It's completely against how I normally operate, but I've been thinking about adding a "dietary suppplement" (fancy words for diet pills) to my diet and exercise plan. I'm the kind of person who avoids taking an ibuprofen at all costs. I'm definitely a "mind over matter" kind of thinker. But, that being said, I'm willing to try giving myself a boost in the weight loss department. Because I am secretly obsessed with the Kardashians (please, stop pointing and laughing at me) I have been checking out the QuickTrim line of products. Anybody tried these out? Or any other diet pill for that matter? Did they help or just make you feel like you were going to simultaneously have a heart attack and poo your pants? I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks in advance!

{Linking up with The Crafty Nest}

1 comment:

  1. YAY for losing 5lbs!!! You totally rock!! I really think that food, at least for me, is 90% the battle. That is great that you found a way to still eat something yummy but cut out 300 calories.

    I had a very bad experience with diet pills in college, but I also battled an eating disorder back then. They made me feel jittery and faint all the time. I honestly don't think they are healthy for you, but you have to weigh the pros/cons and decide for yourself. You could do more natural things, like skipping the carbs and eating eggs for breakfast to help you feel fuller longer or sipping green tea.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! If you have a blog, please leave a link or your url to your blog so I can be sure to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...