Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mother's day recap!

Tuesday is our family's Monday because Charles has Sunday and Monday off as his weekend. This weekend was so awesome, I was so sad to see Tuesday come. Charles worked all day on Saturday shooting a wedding for a co-worker of his so we didn't see much of each other on Saturday. We were both pretty tired at the end of Saturday and I was worried we would be tired on Sunday. Luckily, Sunday was pretty much perfect.

We planned on visiting the antique fair which we haven't made it to since I was pregnant. It happens every second Sunday but our weekends usually fill up pretty fast so we always forget about it. But since it happened to fall on Mother's Day this month, I made sure we made plans to attend. I'm so glad we did because I found a couple really cute things for JC's room and some decorations for JC's birthday party also. I've been on the lookout for a little baby sized rocking chair and we found the cutest one for $10. It is painted navy and it looks like it was obviously distressed to show the red paint underneath that. I might end up refinishing it (quite a task considering I have never done such a thing) but it's really cute the way it is so it will buy me some time. I'll prob end up refinishing it when JC goes to college. I also found a guy at the fair who sells mint vintage car ads. PERFECT for JC's room. He had like 4 boxes full so I only peaked through one and I found a really cute ad to frame and hang up in his room. I guess this guy is there for every fair so I need to make sure I hit up his booth next time we go.

Before we left for the fair, I was given my presents. I got Eva Longoria's new cookbook that I briefly mentioned that I wanted (good listening skills daddy) and $100 to spend on myself. This is a pretty big deal because I really don't buy much stuff for myself. I'm in desperate need of getting some new summer clothes so I'm excited to go shopping!

After the fair, we met up with Charles's mom, stepdad, stepsister, her boyfriend, JC's cousin and Charles's little sister for lunch/brunch. That was really nice and delicious. I'm so surprised that JC was as perfect as he could have been. I was worried because he normally is only awake for 2 hours max in the morning before he takes his first nap. By the time we got to lunch, he had been awake 4.5 hours. But he was still super happy and not cranky. I think it was his own personal Mother's Day present to me. And I greatly appreciated it.

jc and mommy on mothers day


The only time he was even questionably "not good" was when his macaroni & cheese came out. He is a straight up crackhead for this mac & cheese. I should have taken a picture of his cheesy face but I didn't have a chance between shoveling food in his mouth fast enough to satisfy him. But I can't blame him for that, it's pretty damn good.

After that, Charles's mom, sister and I went and got mani-pedi's. It was nice to get out for a little bit and relax. If the day had ended there, that would have been great. But Charles then proceeded to make the best fettuccine alfredo with chicken that I have ever had. He made the sauce from scratch, used fresh noodles, and grilled the chicken on the grill outside. It was sooooooo gooooooood. Slobber, slobber, drool.

All in all it was a great day. Perfect first Mother's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! If you have a blog, please leave a link or your url to your blog so I can be sure to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...