Wednesday, July 6, 2011

walking on the fourth of july

We had so much fun this past weekend, it should be outlawed.

I know I just talked about how I'm enjoying my little pre-walker and I didn't care how long it would be before we saw some steps. Then, as if he was trying to prove me wrong, JC took two independent steps on the Fourth of July. Charles saw it too so it is totally verified. It just happened out of nowhere. I saw him standing in the kitchen as we were about to leave to go to our friend's house and I noticed that he wanted my keys that I was holding. I thought, "Let me hold these, JUST out of his reach and see what happens." Then he took two steps and grabbed the keys. It was amazing, to say the least. I don't know how long it takes to go from this to actually walking around everywhere but I'm so excited and proud of him!

Besides this colossal news, we headed over to our friend's house for BBQ, swimming and fireworks. It was just what I needed. It was (and still is) SO hot and I don't do very well in the heat. I swear I have seasonal affective disorder but I have it for both winter and summer. I can't stand being really cold or really hot. I just want to sit inside all day, but then I get all crazy and cooped up.

It was still about 90 degrees at 7 o' clock so I tried to just suck it up and embrace the sweat. Once I did, I had a great time!

jc eating watermelon

We were greeted with watermelon, hot dogs, baked beans and corn-on-the-cob. It was awesome. JC got to try some watermelon. He really liked it but he kept wanting to eat the rind instead of the fruit.

jc in kiddie pool

jc in kiddie pool1

JC got to escape the heat for a little bit by jumping in the kiddie pool with his honorary cousins. This was the first time he got to play in a bigger kiddie pool and he loved it. He was crawling all over, splashing, and playing with Lady, our friend's water-loving labrador.

After the pool, there was an epic baby bath that I wish so bad that I had pictures of. Unfortunately, I was trying to wrangle one of three babies that we managed to fit in one bathtub so I didn't have a free hand for my camera. We'll definitely have to recreate a dramatic reenactment of the event at a later date.

jc on swing

mama with jc on swing

jc on swing2

Did I mention that our friend's have the best backyard ever? They have this swing on one of their 12452345 trees and JC had a fun time swinging around before fireworks.

mama and jc enjoying root beer float

We enjoyed a pre-fireworks root beer float together. Sorry I look horrendous, I was sweating profusely most of the day. The ice cream helped JC get a little extra boost to stay up and watch his first fireworks.

fireworks collage

Our friend's had the best idea of putting the fireworks on a ladder. It really allowed us to get the most out of the fireworks that we had. JC was only a little scared of the fireworks that made a really loud noise but besides that, he loved them! And I finally got to show JC what Katy Perry has been singing about all this time.

JC managed to stay up a little past his bedtime to watch fireworks. Then he ended up falling asleep in my arms while fireworks were still going off all around us. He was so tired! We brought him home and he fell asleep so fast. I think we all had a great Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! If you have a blog, please leave a link or your url to your blog so I can be sure to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...